Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Beginning

Well, let's start out with a hello and thanks for stopping by.

I'm Lisa, a stay-at-home mom who couldn't find any stay-at-home employment as a bookkeeper so I turned to my other love, origami. Don't get me wrong, staying at home with the baby is much preferred to dropping him off at a day care but after a while, you need something more to do than coo at a baby all day.

I got married last March and decided that I did not like my flower options given my colour scheme of blue and silver. So, I ordered some paper, found some diagrams online and this is what I came up with:





While hanging out in the wedding book forum on facebook, I posted a question to the ladies: Would there be any interest in origami bouquets/decorations for weddings? Now, this question was posted for opinions only. Not only did I get positive and glowing reviews, I got requests for quotes!!!

I wasn't yet set up to begin so I quickly had to figure it all out.. I posted all the pics I had into a facebook album and linked people there, and I listed a few items on etsy under LiliesbyLisa.
Now there's a blog, next is Kijiji, followed by lov.li, and Deviant Art. All were excellent ideas given to me by fellow wedding book poster Amanda. You should check out her artwork and photograghy at http://www.serenityphotography.webs.com/ . You won't be disappointed.


It looks like my sis will be working on business cards for me and either her or my hubby will be working on an actual website.

At this time, my baby is 4 months old and is happily cooing away in his swing after his usual 30 minute morning nap (I wish it were longer). It's Saturday morning, so the older rugrats (8,9,&11) are sleeping in. Mr. Man gets to sleep in too since he works evenings.

I can't wait to start folding again. I whipped up 3 miniature flowers for Katie in Cleveland who wants to use them to adorn place cards at her wedding. One lily and two different roses.. It was the first time I did roses that small and I think they came out very cute. Now, I'm waiting to hear back from Jennifer and Amber. I have my fingers crossed!!



I'll post pics as frequently as I can as my progress continues on the flower folding.
I may supply links to tutorials - hell, I even may make my own some day.
Until next time, happy folding!!

http://www.liliesbylisa.etsy.com/

or just email me at:

liliesbylisa@shaw.ca

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on making your site hun.

    I noticed your 'shaw.ca' are you in calgary? I live in Alberta I just saw the shaw.ca and I hadd to comment :)

    Wish you all the best! This girl is amazing you'd be foolish not to order from her!

    ReplyDelete