Tuesday, January 27, 2009

And it's a Go....

Ok, so I just had my first order. As both my daughter and London Tipton would say "Ya Me!!" (don't ask). It was just a small order, literally. A gentleman from Ottawa contacted me through Etsy to create a miniature lily/rose bouquet as a valentines gift for someone special.. Did I mention that the WHOLE bouquet had to fit INSIDE a tiny little clay pot. So, I took the challenge and was rather pleased with the tiny outcome. Pic posted.


The flowers are individually mounted in a small votive candle. The final creation measured ~2.06" diameter and 2.5" high. And I got 7 flowers in it!! I sent the gentleman (Glen) a pic to ensure that it was exactly what he wanted and this was his response "Beyond words...just beautiful! Thank you for all your hard work and the passion you exude for your work. It certainly shines through." I think I teared up, I was so happy ;-)

Then, all of sudden, I get a message from a friend I've had for many years.. She wants 7 dozen roses in reds, pinks, and white. 7 dozen, I ask? 7 separate dozens or 1 huge 7 dozen bunch? And for when? Well, as it turns out, my dear friend (who works at the hospital here in Leduc) wants to purchase them individually so that she can give them to the patients who are feeling lonely... Isn't she the sweetest? So, I said I'd order the paper that night. Gave her an awesome discount - basically just covered my costs and charged her about $2/hr - who knew I was that cheap (shut up, Phil). Had to though, it's for sick people ;-( She's not in a humungous rush for them though so I don't have to get all anxious and edgy about when my paper will be in and I can make them when my "darling" baby goes done for his 30 minute nap.

What 4 month old baby has a 30 min nap, twice (maybe 3 times if I'm lucky) a day? Don't get me wrong, it's fabulous that he sleeps about 8 or 9 hours at night without waking up and it's even better that he always wakes up very happy and smiling. Hell, he even gives me time to pee, have a drink, have half a smoke, get his bottle, and make sandwiches for kids lunches if I have to. But, come on? Half an hour?!?!?!?!? I have no down time... He' s driving me nuts.. but he's a good baby, he's cute, he's fun to make faces at, his Grandma and Daddy seem completely smitten.. so, I guess, I won't sell him to the gypsy's or feed him to the coyotes just yet... lol.

I'll be fine.. I think I just miss big people.

No comments:

Post a Comment