Thursday, May 14, 2009

After the Rush....

Well, the May Madness Sale for the Alberta Team on Etsy was a success. I, myself, didn't make any sales but (since I was brand new to the group) made something much more important... FRIENDS!!

These are a great bunch of ladies (and man) to network with.. so much creativity and knowledge among them that I am very proud to now be a part of ;-)

Not all the team's shops were able to participate in the sale, so, if you're curious about who else is on the team you should visit the team blog at http://etsyalberta.blogspot.com/.

A short while ago, I had the pleasure of being featured on a blog, CanArtisan, a site dedicated to finding talented, independent Canadian business owners with a passion for creativity and the handmade. You can view the blog here.




So, since the sale, I've been busy catching up on house stuff, kids, husband, etc. I managed to make damask roses right at the start of the sale, as well as finish off an order of boutonnieres for a client. This week was the "I Love You" Bouquet for a customer in Lethridge and next week is a version of the "Unity Bouquet" for a lady in Wainwright... I will one day, hopefully, manage to make samples for shows..

As a side note, I have received my 5th order of PURPLE business products from vistaprint.. I'm not sure what they have against blue, but it seems to be impossible ;-( Which is a darn pity because they are so affordable and otherwise, exactly what I was looking for... meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment